Sunday, 21 March 2010 17:14
Uniqueness: Thelma Biotel has developed a number of advanced sensor transmitters, and is currently developing receiver technology to increase the potential of this powerful monitoring technique. One innovative element is the development of miniature transmitters with custom adapted sensors. Another innovative element is the development of receiver technology with more effective acoustic communication between the transmitters and the receiver, as well as radio communication (Bluetooth or mobile phone) between the receiver and a base station. The latter development will enable remote downloading of logged data from a listening station, for example from a remote logger in a wild fish study and real-time monitoring of fish behavior and welfare in an aquaculture fish farm (online fish welfare monitoring).
Potentials: Fish telemetry is currently only used in wild fish research world wide, and there are only a handful industrial players in the market. Thelma Biotel has a market share of less than 10%. However, our company sees a great potential for this powerful technology if it can be adapter to, and introduced into the aquaculture research and aquaculture industry, Thelma Biotel is the only company in Europe providing this technology.
Needs: Thelma Biotel is particularly seeking strategic partners who can contribute with network, financing, research competence and field testing to develop a new and large market for our leading technology. Presenting this at NASF give us the opportunity to meet strategic players in the market.
Sunday, 21 March 2010 17:13
The business concept of The Atlantic Seafood Company is unique for:
- Establishing long term export from West-Africa and contributing to an increase of life standard in Western-Africa using a successful regional, hands on approach.
- Interlinking research and business to upgrade the potentials of the Gambian fishing industry and secure a stable base for certified fisheries
- Providing full product processing in Africa
- Offering an alternative for non sustainable sole.
2.The company provides a solution for the need for financial support in the fisheries industry and associated significant export earnings for the Gambia and its population.
The EU sees the concept as an example to other African nations so the concept could be profitable to others.
3. The main export product (Atlantic Sole) is is now in search for the Scandinavian, East European and Russian markets and further collaboration with science.