Project portfolio (from Initiator to Facilitator)...
Mare Life has to some extent initiated and facilitated 24 projects in addition to the prestigious meeting place in Europe: the MareLife Innovation Session organised as a paralel seminar to the North Atlantic Seafood Forum (NASF). Of the 25 ongoing projects MareLife is involved in, 10 have been initiated by MareLife itself. A few of the listed projects below would not have been granted without active facilitation of MareLife commercial members.
NORDOSTRON, Blue Bio Open Innovation, COINCO WPII. In this collaboration has been initiated project NORDOSTRON scroll with Danish Skaldyr Center as a central partner. (Beer of the board) and planning a heavier process to consolidate the Nordic marine biotechnology expertise. The latter project, which also apply for Interreg funding, has the working title: Blue Bio Open Innovation (BBOI). The work pack II under the Interreg IV A lyntop-funded project, has added a life-science-innovasjonsdel. MareLife help her through the activities particularly related to BBOI.
MareLife Storby: Metropolitan profiling. Main delivery: "Bluebook": national ocean competence profiling book. Working Title: "Norway-Big Ocean Cities as engines of realizing the government's ambition for the marine sector.
MareLife Storby represents a new type of clustering and dynamics in which each metropolitan region is "complete" manufactured: research and industry go hand in hand with the project owners that city council's business plans and ambitions of the marine sector. The project MareLife Storby will supply two products:
- In the first instance "Bluebook": A survey (Region) of the intellectual and material "blue" resources, a national synthesis of this and with strategic recommendations on how we lift 'marine country' Norway further.
- Furthermore, we will develop information materials to both national as international marketing of the Norwegian innovation power in the marine sector.
- Oil / gas-Fisheries-Academia "OFA". Multi-sector expertise platform. Two world-leading Norwegian industries, marine and petroleum are united in a marine consortium together with the best of Norwegian marine research, to create a unique multidisciplinary competence platform. Here, conflicts cannot survive and challenges are assessed from different angles. Norway's future is not "more of the same", but actively uses sustainable innovation.
The consortium initiative has strong national and global alliances. The following features make this consortium unique and innovative:
- It involves partnership between 3 major players: Fisheries - Oil industry - Research;
- It includes Infrastructure with world leading operational capacity and expertise that are currently not available for research;
- It is a fundament knowledge-based industrial development and marine management: it combines scientific knowledge and field experience;
- It creates a knowledge platform for the development of future industries.
- It will act as a fundament for ecosystem-based management: New way to understand the dynamic nature of ocean resources. It observes the dynamic properties of our oceans through an infrastructure that "is present where and when things happen".
- Anti-sealice technical assembly
- Food genomics
- High-tech sustainable aquaculture and fisheries
- Nutrition Science
- Vaccination (NVH, Intervet Schering-Plow and Allier)
- Drug discovery (Biotech Center University of Oslo, Aker BioMarine, Pronova Biopharma & Allies)
- Mackerel geographical mapping (NVH, Liegruppen, IMR and allies)
- Sea lice
- Biomass measurement
- Resistence and medicines against PD virus, medicines under the PD-infection.
Marker assisted selection against sea lice
- Micro-algae (UMB, Algae Tech, NIVA, University of Oslo), Ocean resources (University of Oslo, NVH, Sustainovate, Liegruppen, Metas)
- Marine Environment "Oceanbox": NIVA, Liegruppen
- Seafood tracking & tracing (TarceTracker, GenoMar)
- Commercialization (Norw Venture Cap Ass, Consortium Gateway)
- Communication (Mare Life members, Geelmuyden Kiese)